Combine PDF Files Online - It's Easy and Free
|Internet media type||application/pdf|
|Description:||PDF, or Portable Document Format, is a popular file extension that was first introduced in 1993 by Adobe Systems. PDF appeared as a platform-independent solution which would allow users to view and share documents easily regardless of device types and operating systems. Another useful feature of this format is that it uses a fixed page layout.|
|Technical Details:||A PDF file may contain a variety of content, including text blocks, graphic information, and interactive fields such as buttons, hyperlinks, bookmarks, etc. It also contains information about the fonts used in the document, and thus, PDF files always appear the same when documents are exchanged between users working on different computers.|
|Initial Release:||15 June 1993|
How to combine multiple PDFs into a single document online
- Open the app in your web browser.
- Within AltoMergePDF, click the orange Choose File button.
- Browse for the documents on your device or add them from cloud storage.
- Wait for your PDFs to upload, then click Merge PDFs Now!
- Choose what else you’d like to do with the resulting document.
- Click Continue Editing to edit, e-sgn, email or fax the document you’ve just created.
- Click Start over again in case you want to combine another PDF file.
- Click Start over again if you want to repeat the procedure.
The Supreme Features Comparing Chart
As a result of the high level of competition on the web, choosing the right software can be challenging — especially if you don’t correctly weigh up it with the alternatives. Our checklist will assist you to easily find your favorite tool to MergePDF. Look at the strong features of AltoMergePDF.
|No software downloads||✔||✔||❌|
|Cloud storage||Unlimited||No info||No info|
|Price||Free||Free 7-Day Trial paid||Free 7-Day Trial paid|
|Encryption and security||✔||✔||✔|
Customer Reviews — Trusted by great people
I like that I can create a one-piece document out of several separate files in a matter of seconds. Instructions on the buttons make the process as simple as possible.
It’s so great and convenient to get your documents merged quickly and absolutely free of charge! I’ve never come across any difficulties when using this tool for merging files.
The tool is three in one: quality, speed and free. I adore the simplicity of its interface which important for people who have no clue about technology.
How to Combine PDF Files
How to Combine PDF Files Online
The easiest way to merge several documents is to process them with an online-based solution. This is good for different users, no matter what device or platform they work with.
Thanks to its high level of security and the ability to complete all operations anonymously, this solution is one of the best online services available. It has a very easy-to-use interface and a self-explanatory option. The whole process can be finished quickly and doesn't take up any extra memory on your device.
Here are the step-by-step instructions on how to combine PDF files with AltoMergePDF:
- Open the web-service and you will see the starting page.
- Add the files you need from your device's memory to the drag-and-drop area. If you store files in the cloud, you can add them from there.
- Upload the file and click on the Merge PDFs Now option.
- The operation will finish in seconds and your document will be ready.
- Save the merged file to your preferred choice of storage.
As you can see, using an online merger is simple and affordable. The fact that it's integrated with the most frequently used cloud storage platforms including GoogleDrive, OneDrive and DropBox are especially convenient.
It's possible to make a single document out of several files uploaded both from your inner storage and the cloud. There is no need to keep templates in one folder. You can easily add them from different storages and get a file that contains all the needed data.
How to Combine PDF Files Using Google Chrome
Chrome is one of the most widely-used web browsers. It can be operated on a Mac, Windows or mobile device. That's why in addition to the basic features, it has a wide variety of extensions. Chrome can be styled according to an individual’s taste. Equipped with extensions for document processing, it enriches its toolkit with editing, extracting, rearranging and merging features. One of those extensions is the Alto Merge PDF. To combine PDFs using Alto Merge, follow these simple instructions:
- Install an extension to the browser from Chrome Web Store.
- Click at the extension logo and open it.
- To upload documents use inner memory or Google Drive.
- Select all the needed documents and upload them.
- Click on the merging button to complete the process.
- Download the final document to the preferrable storage.
This PDF merging tool requires no registration. Once you make all possible operations with the document, be sure to save it, or you will have to repeat the process. Having a merging tool installed in Chrome always by hand you will not need to install any additional software. As a result, you save time, money and internal memory of your device.
How to Combine PDF Files in Windows
Windows-based devices have no pre-installed applications for editing PDFs or previewing them. Because of this, users need to process PDFs with additional software. Some examples include browsers like Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Safari, etc.
Files can also be processed via Word 2007 and older versions, Office 365 or Adobe Acrobat. It's necessary to select the solution you prefer and install it on your computer. You can do so with Explorer (for older versions of Windows) or Edge (for newer ones).
Let's take a look at how to combine PDFs with Acrobat in a trial version:
- Find Tools in the menu and select the Combine option.
- In the Combine Files submenu choose the Add files option.
- Select files and order them either fully or partially.
- Apply the order and arrangement of the document and save it.
Combining files is also possible with Windows through the usage of online solutions. You may do this with free services or paid ones.
A lot of solutions include numerous functions. And for annual processing, free online services are the best choice for those who want to save time and money. Most of them don't even require registration and let you complete operations very quickly.
How to Combine PDF Files With Preview on Mac
Apple created various desktop computers and laptops that have numerous pre-installed features.
One of the standard solutions is Preview. It helps you view the content of PDF documents. But this previewing default software also has a markup option, which gives you the possibility to add, delete, move or rearrange pages that the document contains. The final result can easily be saved or printed on paper.
To merge PDF pages on your Mac, follow these instructions:
- Open the templates you need to combine in the Preview app on your computer.
- Select the preferable pages in every document.
- Apply the changes before saving the template.
- Save the new file using the File and Save as PDF option.
- To store originals untouched, make copies and create one document out of them.
It's possible to combine, fully or partially, two and more documents with Preview. It's possible to select needed pages by typing their numbers or selecting odd or even numbers.
It's also possible to select just a part of the document by separating the page numbers with a dash. You can also open several PDFs in different windows and drag and drop pages from one template to the other. The basic template processing options are available on Mac without installations of any additional software.
How to Combine PDF Files With Adobe Acrobat Reader
Acrobat Reader is an application from the Adobe company which originally created the PDF document type.
That's why this software is quite popular and especially widespread among Mac and Windows users. This solution is installed to the user's device and has a trial version with a couple of functions available (all others must be paid for). It's very useful for those who are working with PDFs on a regular basis since it includes multiple functions. With this software, you can edit the content on a page, change a file's size, rearrange pages and combine several samples into one.
Combine documents on Acrobat Reader using these simple steps:
- Open the installed Acrobat software on your computer.
- Select the File and click Create options.
- Then click Combine files.
- Add all the needed files using the page plus icon. Click on the first file, then hold CTRL and select one or several additional documents.
- Click on the Combine option and a new document will be generated.
- Save the changes. Upload the template or edit it if necessary
If you want to use the complete version of Adobe Acrobat Reader, select one of the paid subscription plans. If the options in the free versions are adequate, use those to process your documents.
Acrobat synchronizes with Adobe document cloud, which means you can add numerous documents from this online storage. One an account is up and running, it can be connected to your devices, including computers, smartphones, and tablets on Windows, Mac, iPhone, and Android.
Among the large variety of software that can be installed on your computer, applications for smartphones and online platforms one of the best is AltoMergePDF. You can run it from any device for free in case you have an Internet connection. All you have to do is drag and drop original documents and press the orange button. It takes several seconds for the merging be completed and then you can save or download it on your computer.