The best way to merge PDF files
|Internet media type||application/pdf|
|Description:||PDF, or Portable Document Format, is a popular file extension that was first introduced in 1993 by Adobe Systems. PDF appeared as a platform-independent solution which would allow users to view and share documents easily regardless of device types and operating systems. Another useful feature of this format is that it uses a fixed page layout.|
|Technical Details:||A PDF file may contain a variety of content, including text blocks, graphic information, and interactive fields such as buttons, hyperlinks, bookmarks, etc. It also contains information about the fonts used in the document, and thus, PDF files always appear the same when documents are exchanged between users working on different computers.|
|Initial Release:||15 June 1993|
Merge PDFs online with no extra effort on your end
How to combine multiple PDFs into a single document online
If you ever needed to combine PDF documents, you know what a tedious process it can be. It often involves a lot of unnecessary actions that can be easily avoided with a reliable online PDF merger. Our tool is your surefire way to rearrange PDF pages in a preferred order and combine them into one document in seconds. You no longer need to print, scan or take low-quality screenshots of pages to combine them. Simply follow the steps above to merge PDF pages in no time.
How to combine PDFs online free of charge
- Upload or drag and drop a PDF file(s), all at once or one by one.
- Reorder pages by dragging them left or right.
- Click Merge PDFs now.
- Hit Download to save the file.
- Choose Start over if you want to use the online PDF merger feature again.
Whether you need to combine a three-page PDF portfolio or piece together a pile of documents cluttering your desktop, our online PDF merger tool will help you get the job done in seconds. If you want to get the most out of PDF management, you can try our advanced editor packed with features that allows you to author, edit, e-sign, protect documents, turn them into interactive forms, and convert them to other widely used formats. Give it a try now and start working with PDFs more efficiently.
Watch a video guide on how to merge PDFs online
Discover the easiest way to combine documents free of charge with our online PDF merger tool. Upload the documents and merge them without creating an account or installing an application.
The Supreme Features Comparing Chart
Finding a service that suits all your needs is not the most straightforward task. Check out the comparison table below to help show you why millions of daily users choose AltoMergePDF as their free online solution to managing documents.
|No software downloads||✔||✔||❌|
|Cloud storage||Unlimited||No info||No info|
|Price||Free||Free 7-Day Trial paid||Free 7-Day Trial paid|
|Encryption and security||✔||✔||✔|
Customer Reviews — Trusted by great people
I like that I can create a one-piece document out of several separate files in a matter of seconds. Instructions on the buttons make the process as simple as possible.
It’s so great and convenient to get your documents merged quickly and absolutely free of charge! I’ve never come across any difficulties when using this tool for merging files.
The tool is three in one: quality, speed and free. I adore the simplicity of its interface which important for people who have no clue about technology.
How to Combine PDF Files
How to merge PDF files online
Online PDF merging is available anywhere you are. No installations. No subscriptions. No system requirements. The only thing you need is an internet connection. When you combine your files online, you save valuable time and space on your hard drive. With AltoMergePDF, you also protect your privacy and stay safe. It clears your data after leaving the page and transfers it only via a secure connection.
Check the guidelines below to merge PDFs online:
- Open the service. Go to altomergepdf.com in your preferred browser.
- Prepare your documents. Upload a doc to the system by clicking Choose File or import one from the cloud.
- Confirm the merging. Make sure you've selected the needed file using the document thumbnails and click Merge Now!.
- Wait a few seconds. Wait while the system combines your files, you can track the process by watching the progress bar.
- Export the document. Add it directly to a cloud storage service or click Download Now to save it to your device.
In addition, AltoMergePDF’s interface is user-friendly and straightforward, so you don't have to spend 30 minutes trying to learn how to complete simple tasks. Open the service, upload documents, and get the results fast. Merge PDF files online and save both time and money. AltoPDF is free and doesn’t force you to register an account or watch ads! Try AltoMergePDF now!
How to merge PDF files in Google Chrome
If you use Google Chrome, you might know that your browser can do more than just open web pages. It has the capability to add various add-ons for simplifying your day-to-day working processes. If you need to merge PDFs often, consider doing it with the AltoMerge extension for Chrome. Get advanced document management right at your fingertips!
Review the step-by-step guide below to learn how to merge PDF files in Google Chrome:
- Install the add-on. Go to the Chrome Web Store and type 'AltoMerge' in the search field and select Add to Chrome.
- Launch the extension. Click on the extension’s icon once it’s installed.
- Upload documents. Click Choose File to browse for samples on your device.
- Start processing. Click Merge Now! to start combining several PDFs into one file.
- Get your doc. Select Download Now to save the sample to your device or export it to the cloud.
It’s important to note that the add-on does NOT take up any space on your device. It’s completely browser-based. Add it once and you’re all set. If you don't need to merge PDFs in Google Chrome anymore, you’re always able to remove it from your browser. If you need to do more than combining files, check out AltoPDF’s other tools for splitting, rotating, locking, and converting files in Portable Document Format in just a few clicks. No more surfing the internet for the right solution. It’s here!
How to merge PDF files in Windows
Not all operating systems have default programs for dealing with Portable Document Format. Until recently, Windows users couldn't even open PDFs without specialized software. Now, users can view them via browsers, but have to look for additional services that will help them convert, split, and merge PDF files. AltoPDF and AltoMergePDF are an excellent choice for managing files in Portable Document Format.
Follow the steps below to merge PDF in Windows:
- Open the merger. Select an appropriate option on altopdf.com or go directly to altomergepdf.com.
- Upload samples. Click Choose File to browse for documents on your device or use the cloud storage service icons.
- Confirm the combining. Make sure you place your files in the correct order and click Merge Now!.
- Save the document. Click Download Now or export it directly to the cloud.
- Continue with professional editing. Select one of four additional options to open the file in pdfFiller and edit your PDF like a pro.
All of AltoPDF’s solutions are similar in use and even to pdfFiller. When you use altomergepdf.com you’ll be able to merge PDF files easily and for free. Combine as many files as you need without restrictions or file limits. Access the entire suite without registering an account or watching annoying ads. Add our service to your bookmarks and handle PDF tasks with ease!
How to merge PDF files in macOS
Preview helps macOS stand out from Windows in the fact that it allows its users to manage e-documents without the need for third-party tools. Open, view, and make minor edits to files in Portable Document Format. Delete pages from a PDF, merge different samples into one document, and lock or unlock the file.
Look over the instructions below to learn how to performrm PDF merging in macOS:
- Open samples with Preview. Double-click on two files or right-click on them and select Open With > Preview if you have a different program set as your default PDF viewer.
- Prepare. Place the windows near one another and open the Thumbnails bar.
- Move pages. Select pages in one document using the Thumbnails bar and drag them to where you need them.
- Check the file. Make sure everything is in place.
- Save the document. Use the Save As option to get your merged copy.
It's a fast and straightforward way of handling PDF merging on a Mac. You don't need any third-party service or even an internet connection. Everything’s already on your device. Still, if you find this way a little complicated, you can always combine PDFs online on altomergepdf.com. Simply upload samples, define their order, and download your new document. The service is free. Yes, FREE. You don’t even have to register an account. Get started today!
How to merge PDF files in Adobe Acrobat
Adobe Acrobat is a multi-platform solution available on almost all operating systems, making it very popular among millions of users. After installing it, you'll be able to edit PDFs, merge them, and rotate their pages. However, it’s important to note that all of these functions are dependent upon you signing up for a free trial or paying for a subscription.
Follow the steps below to learn how to merge PDF files in Adobe Acrobat:
- Install Adobe Acrobat. Download and install the software from an official website.
- Pick a subscription. Start a free trial or buy a subscription.
- Find the right tool. Click File > Create > Combine files.
- Add files. Click the plus icon and select the files you need to combine.
- Generate a new document. Click the Combine option and wait for a few seconds.
- Continue working. Save the new file or continue to edit it.
Adobe Acrobat can be a good choice for people who work with files in Portable Document Format often and are interested in paying for the software. If you're looking for free PDF merging tools, Adobe Acrobat is not the software you need. If you want to use a free service, try AltoMergePDF. Go to altomergepdf.com from your preferred browser and combine files as many times as you need without paying a penny!
How to merge PDF files on mobile
Most services' mobile versions have low-quality and bring more trouble than real results. Finding a convenient application can be quite tricky. That's the reason why you should choose AltoMergePDF; it works well on any gadget you have on hand. Anybody can deal with Portable Document Format, even while on the go. If you want to merge PDFs on mobile, altomergepdf.com is what you need.
Follow the instructions below to learn how to merge PDF files on mobile:
- Launch the browser. It can be Safari, Google Chrome, or any other browser you prefer.
- Open the merger. Go to altomergepdf.com.
- Upload documents. Click Choose File to upload files from your device.
- Reorder samples. Combine files after making sure they’re in the correct order.
- Start combining. Click Merge Now! and wait for the progress bar to fill.
- Get the new file. Click Download Now to save it to your device or export it to the cloud.
Not many services can say that their web-based solution is convenient for any gadget. AltoMergePDF can. It has no requirements for the operating system or processor; it doesn't even need a megabyte of your device's internal memory. In addition, on altomergepdf.com, you don't have to create an account and buy a subscription because the service is free! Merge PDF files any number of times with no daily limits or annoying ads. Save your time and costs – utilize AltoMergePDF!
How to merge PDF files on iOS
Busy people are always on the go. Finding useful software that allows them to easily manage documents is crucial. You can find many applications in the App Store for converting, editing, or merging PDF files on iOS. That's why we built our very own AltoMergePDF app. Have the ability to combine files in Portable Document Format anywhere you are: at the office, in a cafe, or on a train.
Follow these guidelines to help you merge PDFs on iOS:
- Open a browser. Safari, Chrome, or Edge (or use the app).
- Go to our website. Paste the link to the address bar or use the hyperlink – altomergepdf.com.
- Upload samples. Click Choose File to add documents from internal storage or the cloud.
- Start the process. Tap Merge Now! to start combining documents.
- Export the file. Click Download Now to save the document to your device or use the cloud icons to export it to Google Drive, Dropbox, or OneDrive.
AltoPDF, including all of its solutions like AltoMerge are free. Meaning that you don't have to register an account, watch annoying ads, or even give your email or phone number. Go to altomergepdf.com each time you need to merge PDF files on iOS; no limits, no restrictions. Save our website to your bookmarks and manage files in Portable Document Format easier than ever before.
How to merge PDF files on Android
The ability to easily create applications and upload them to the Google Play Store makes Android one of the most popular platforms for mobile devices. You can download games or install apps that simplify your everyday work: programs for document or task management, workflow automation, and many others. For example, AltoMergePDF allows you to combine files more comfortably and faster than ever before.
Follow the steps below to install AltoMergePDF and combine documents on Android:
- Get the application. Go to the Google Play Store, find our app, and tap Install.
- Open the program. Tap Choose File to browse for samples on your device.
- Import docs from the cloud. Tap the cloud icons to import documents from Google Drive, OneDrive, or Dropbox.
- Start merging. Tap Merge Now! to launch the process.
- Save the document. Tap Download Now and choose where to save the new file.
- Exit the app or combine more files. Tap Start over again to start the process over.
The app is small, so it doesn’t take up much space but is very secure: we only send data via secure connections and clear it right after every session. Get started for free without registering an account. Merge PDFs on Android easier than ever!
The smartest way to complete tasks like this is to merge a PDF online. Using high-quality web-based services like altomergepdf.com, you don't need to install any additional software. You already have everything you need right in your preferred web browser.